Last updated March 2016
Collection and Use of Personal Information
7 Acres collects personal information from customers and others (an “Individual”) when an Individual registers for services, email updates, purchasesproducts, or shares information through the Site or any other channel, and may from time to time collect additional personal information in the course ofproviding such products and services. 7 Acres uses such personal information as is reasonably required to provide the requested services, products, orinformation, and as is otherwise required or permitted by the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (the “MMPR”) and other applicable laws, includingas follows:
- When an Individual registers with the Site, 7 Acres collects and retains personal information such as the Individual’s name and contact information. 7 Acres will use this information to confirm the Individual’s registration status and to maintain the Individual’s account.
- In order to provide some services governed by the MMPR to an Individual, 7 Acres is required by law to collect certain personal information about that Individual, including about the Individual’s health care.
Under the MMPR and other applicable laws, 7 Acres may potentially be required to disclose some or all of this information to government officials or lawenforcement personnel, the International Narcotics Control Board or competent authorities of foreign governments. 7 Acres may also disclose some or all ofthis information to an Individual’s health care practitioner in order to ensure patient safety, appropriate treatment, and continuity of care.
This information includes:
- the Individual’s given name, surname, date of birth and gender;
- contact information including the Individual’s mailing address, phone number, and email address, as applicable;
- if applicable, the given name, surname, date of birth and gender of one or more persons who are responsible for the Individual, as well as contact information for such persons;
- a valid prescription or other medical document, issued by an authorized medical practitioner;
- the given name, surname, professional status and address of the health care practitioner who issued a prescription or other medical document on behalf of the Individual;
- if applicable, the consent of the health care practitioner to receive shipments on the Individual’s behalf;
- order details about the product sold or provided, including the quantity ordered;
- the address to which the product is to be shipped.
7 Acres will use this information only (i) to comply with the requirements of the MMPR and (ii) to carry out various functions with and for you in orderthat you may take advantage of the products or services offered on the Site.
- Personal information about an Individual, including credit card or other financial information, is collected when an Individual purchases a product or service from 7 Acres. 7 Acres will use this information as reasonably necessary to process the transaction. 7 Acres will also retain and may use this information to develop and improve its product services and 7 Acres.
- From time to time, 7 Acres may obtain the Individual’s consent to use the Individual’s contact information to provide newsletters, alerts, bulletins, or other similar communications.
- From time to time, 7 Acres may offer interactive services which allow the Individual to share information with other users of the Site, such as message boards, user reviews, or other similar functions. These features may permit the Individual to publish personal information about him or herself, or about another individual. By submitting such information, the Individual represents: (a) that the Individual consents to its collection, retention, and public disclosure; and (b) that the Individual has obtained the same consent from any other individuals, as applicable.
- 7 Acres may collect demographic and profile data in connection with the Site and may use such data to tailor each Individual’s experience at the Site and to display the Site content according to the Individual’s preferences.
Disclosure of Personal Information
7 Acres may disclose personal information as follows:
- to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences, in connection with the prevention or investigation of suspected fraudulent activities or harm to individuals or property, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or in connection with an emergency that warrants use or disclosure of the information;
- to regulatory authorities, as required or permitted by the MMPR and other applicable law;
- to legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors or in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of its business or operations;
- to an Individual’s health care practitioner to ensure patient safety, appropriate treatment, and continuity of care; and
- as consented to by an Individual from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
7 Acres will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with an Individual’s consent or asrequired or permitted by law. Consent may be express or implied, and given in writing by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally, or bythe Individual’s conduct, such as purchase or use of the services or products.
Use or Disclosure for Research Purposes
In order to improve its processes, products and service offerings, 7 Acres may from time to time make use of aggregated and non-identifying information(“Aggregated Data”) for research purposes, such as to better understand the needs and wants of its customers and users. 7 Acres may disclose suchAggregated Data, which will not personally identify any Individual, to its affiliates, agents, service providers and business partners for these purposes.
From time to time, 7 Acres may request an Individual’s consent to use or disclose personal information about the Individual for research purposes,including in relation to the Individual’s use of marihuana for medical purposes. For example, 7 Acres may invite an Individual to complete a survey or toparticipate in a study, which may be conducted by 7 Acres or by a third party. 7 Acres will not use or disclose an Individual’s personal information forsuch research purposes without the Individual’s express consent, which may be withheld or denied without consequence to the use of any unrelated functionof the Site, including access to any other products or services offered.
Storage and Processing Outside of Canada
Any questions in this regard may be directed to 7 Acres’ Privacy Officer (the “Privacy Officer”) using the contact information provided below.
Cookies and IP Addresses
Third Party Advertising / Analytics
From time to time we may partner with third party advertising services to present you with advertising on third party Web sites based on your previousinteraction with the Site. The techniques our partners employ do not directly collect personal information, but could be used to collect identifiableinformation about your online activities over time and across different Web sites, including when you use the Site.
7 Acres protects against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information,including through the use of physical, organizational, and technological measures and appropriate training of employees.
An Individual may opt out of receiving further communications by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our email communications or by contactingthe Privacy Officer using the contact information provided below. Any such opt-out will not apply to any communications that are required by law, such asto comply with obligations under the MMPR.
Attention: Privacy Officer
Address: 148 Farrell Drive, Tiverton, ON, N0G 2T0